montrez-moi votre amour

22.1.15

#Throwback | Just another Backpack Day | Travel Budget Tips


This photo was taken back in December 29th, 2014, two days after I am back from Singapore to Malaysia and then travel to Jakarta. 

The whole trip were planned in an impromptu way, because the whole trip to Singapore & Indonesia were plan right after my final exam ended on the 17th December 2014. 

As you know the airfare ticket gonna be very expensive and last minute plan is always not worth it. Today I am gonna share some of my tricks to get a cheaper package to travel / backpack especially for all the last minute traveler although it not not exactly that "cheap" but at least it is within the boundary. 

The very first thing that I noticed not only me but most of my friends will always check on Air Asia's deal rather than any other airline's deal. Well, here is one of the website that is recommended to make a comparison of airfare's prices with almost all airline companies. 

Website: http://www.cheaptickets.com/

After selected our intended destination, there will be few selection for us to compare with. 

This is the first step that I did to get the cheapest airline ticket to my intended destination. There is another option for Malaysian that wanted to travel to Singapore with a budgeted amount, take a look at this website, we are able to find a cheapest price for buses too. 

Website: http://www.easybook.com/

Secondly, of course will be the accommodation. I suggest not to book directly from their officially website if you keen to look for a budget accommodation, here is the recommended website, we can even download an app from our phone. 

Website: http://www.booking.com/

This website is very user-friendly, we are able to filter or sort everything out based on our preference such from high-low price, star rating, theme, property type, facilities, districts, review score, city, check-in time, and so on. 

That would be great if we have any relatives or friends that staying at the destination that we plan to visit, we can always try to ask permission for homestay etc. :) There is another website for whoever that prefer homestay. See below.

Website: https://www.airbnb.com/ 

Once the booking has been made for flights/buses & hotel, we will now proceed to the itinerary. For this part, we can always ask around people that has been there before, reviews and comments from them would be the best source, or else, we should just try the second option which will be the desk research through Internet (google is always our best friend) or from people's blogspot

In term of change the currency, I always heard from my surrounding friends or even families that Midvalley or Sunway Pyramid offers the best rate for us. So I guess these two places might be the best one. Personally, for me I did not really concern much on it because I always plan the last-minute trip, I will only change my currency based on the location that is the most nearest to me. 

Last but not least, there is another trick for traveler that do not have any map on hand during the trip, please use the GOOGLE MAP, even if we do not have data or Wi-Fi, it is still functioning and it only required us to be outdoor, it will show us where we at and the "dot - us" will always move according to where we heading to. See below.



You may even try it now without your data or Wi-Fi to test it before you really use it when you reach there. :)

Thank you.


No comments: